THE PLACE TO GET YOUR ARM CANDY & FASHION FIX!

Monday, March 05, 2007

MIU MIU 2007 Collection 'Lacks in Sex Appeal'











The MIU MIU collection of 2007 did not fall into the category 'Rockstar' it was more like items out of my grandma's closet that should be smelling like mothballs. The accessories went from knee-hi socks and spectator pumps to somewhat old-ladyish looking handbags.
After the show Miuccia Prada was quoted "It's a vision of what's happening in the world right now with women," "On videos and TV all of the women look fake. I wanted to show this plasticized vision, but filtered through classic pieces and sticking to tradition."
Muiccia did not filter out her plasticized vision through classic pieces. The collection looked cheap to me and not well thought out. I think it's great when a designer decides to create a collection with a vision of society in mind. It should not have looked like pieces taken from a cheap vintage store and just relabeled. I have high expectations for MIU MIU and this collection did not fill the bill. I know that everyone has different opinions and this collection could be considered art by someone else. More on the MIU MIU 2007 collection via STYLE.

2 comments:

Dania Padron said...

Spot on assessment, PJ. I don't even think my grandma would be caught dead wearing those shoes or carrying those boring handbags.

Anonymous said...

wow. all i can think of, is yikes. i just got a little nauseous looking at this show. I hope other designers had a better concept of a successful runway. putting others up? please do